Thursday, June 17, 2021

13 Year Anniversary Of Musings On Iraq

13 years ago today I started Musings On Iraq. I first became interested in the country on 9/11 when I heard former CIA Director James Woosley tell Dan Rather that the United States had to hit Iraq even if it had nothing to do with the terrorist attack. I couldn’t understand why he said it and it stood out in my mind. In 2002 the Bush administration began its public campaign to convince the U.S. that it was necessary to remove Saddam Hussein from power. I decided I needed to know why the president was making this decision and started researching the topic. Six years later I decided to put that work on the Internet. I’d like to thank all the readers, more than 9.5 million page views! that have checked out the blog since then and all the many people that have helped me over the years.

No comments:

Security In Iraq Mar 8-14, 2024

The Islamic State suddenly lurched back to life in Iraq during the second week of March carrying out the most attacks in ...