Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Musings On Iraq On Short Medical Leave

Monday night I thought I had a stroke. My hands wouldn't work together, my speech was slurred and I couldn't answer questions. Went to the hospital for two days and found out this incident was caused by high blood pressure and high cholesterol, and was likely spurred by high stress. By chance they also found out that I have an aneurysm which is an enlarged aorta, one of the tubes that comes out of my heart.

As you can tell Musings On Iraq will be on leave for a bit. I have some old articles I wrote before I got sick that I will post and will eventually get back to Iraq full time but I'll need a little time off. Thank you to all the readers.

4 comments:

Saif said...

Sending you healthy thoughts and wishes for fast recovery

Don Cox said...

Sorry to hear that. I hope you make a full recovery.

This blog is a valuable service. Your hard work on it is much appreciated.

Don Cox

Joel Wing said...

Thank you Said and Don. Trying to get better

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Your work helped me prepare for a reporting trip in country over the summer, and I am certain that your articles informed decisions that kept me safe. Your readers appreciate you. Get well soon!

Review The Ins & Outs Of Mesopotamia

Lyell, Thomas, The Ins & Outs Of Mesopotamia , Washington DC: Westphalia Press, 2016   Thomas Lyell was a magistrate during the Brit...