Sunday, June 17, 2018

10 Year Anniversary Of Musings On Iraq


On September 11, 2001, I watched former CIA Director James Woolsey on CBS News say that the United States needed to attack Iraq even if it had nothing to do with the terrorist attack. This struck me as odd as everyone was already saying it was an Al Qaeda operation. By 2002 the White House began its public relations campaign to convince the American public of the necessity to overthrow Saddam Hussein. Those two events inspired me to look into why the U.S. was going to war with Iraq. In 2008, I started Musings On Iraq to publish my research. It’s not always been easy keeping up with all the reading and writing while working as a public high school teacher and having a family, but I’ve tried my best to explain current events in Iraq and increasingly its history as well. I’d like to thank all the people who have helped me out along the way, all the those that I’ve interviewed, and especially the readers who come to the blog.

5 comments:

Joel Wing said...

Thanks you so much

Anonymous said...

An incredible resource for anyone interested in Iraq. Thank you so very much.

Anonymous said...

Yeah keep up the good work Joel, I think this is the only website on Iraq with any traction, that and Patrick Cockburn articles.

Joel Wing said...

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! Keep up the great work

Security In Iraq Mar 8-14, 2024

The Islamic State suddenly lurched back to life in Iraq during the second week of March carrying out the most attacks in ...