Saturday, June 17, 2023

15 Year Anniversary Of Musings On Iraq

 

On 9/11 I was watching TV and former CIA Director James Woolsey was being interviewed and he said no matter what, whether Iraq was involved in the incident or not the U.S. should attack Iraq. I couldn’t understand why he was bringing up Saddam Hussein when everyone was saying Al Qaeda was behind 9/11. In 2002 the Bush administration began its public relations campaign to convince the country to invade Iraq. I wanted to know what was the motivation for this upcoming war and that led me to start researching Iraq. I started writing pieces that I posted on message boards and in 2008 I started Musings On Iraq. Since then I’ve gone in all kinds of directions with interviewing people about Iraq, writing book reviews, and doing a timeline. I've also gone to Japan and Austria to present about Iraq. Lots of people have helped me out and I’ve had over 12 million page views over the last 15 years. I’d like to thank my girlfriend most of all because she is literally jealous about how much time I spend on my computer on Iraq. Thank you all for your continued support and reading Musings On Iraq.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for continuing to cover Iraq after most English speakng media has moved on
Yet again.

Joel Wing said...

Thank you for reading and yes Iraq is basically invisible in the Western media these days.

This Day In Iraqi History - Apr 27 Pres Arif said Kurds would never have autonomy in Iraq

  1916 UK offered Ottomans all the artillery and 1 mil pounds in return for letting British forces leave Kut UK forces h...